Monday 19 August 2013

Meal Planning Monday - 19th August 2013

Meal Planning Monday

Another Monday rolls round and we're edging closer towards September!  September, where has the year gone so far?  This time last year I was 7 months pregnant and waiting for the arrival of the little one in November and now we're nearly at her first birthday! - Arggg.

Just a quick post before she wakes up.

This week we are having: 

Just noticed I've spelt broccoli wrong in the picture but it's Monday morning and I don't have the heart to do it again!

The baked pasta dish is a freezer batch from the last time I made it..It makes about 5 batches of the sauce and then you just make the pasta each time which is handy!  I must get another batch made soon.

Chicken, Broccoli Pasta (I can't remember what it's actually called), is a recipe my mum found years ago on the side of the Campbell's condensed soup tin.  Basically it's chicken, carrots, broccoli, pasta, condensed chicken soup, milk, stir, simmer and Bob's your Uncle a yummy tasty dish that can be served with crusty bread.

Salted chilli chicken is rather tasty and simple to make too.

I must point out that it looks that we're being rather unhealthy with chips two nights in a row.  We make ours in the actifry, which is meant to be the healthier way to make chips and so therefore it's possible we may have them two nights in a row.  Hubby and I are both trying to be good, cutting down in portion sizes, no cakes, buns and plenty of fruit etc, but were somewhat disappointed when we weighed ourselves at my mums yesterday only to find that there was hardly any progress and we've been doing it for a good 4-6 weeks now.  Bahhhhh.  Hopefully we'll not lose motivation though.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard the Actifry is good but not sure I can convince C to let me buy another gadget ;)
    Yummy meals - I can't believe JD will be 1 when we see her next! (Christmas btw... we'll be in touch!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actify is brill although a bit of a faff having to rinse and dry the chips otherwise they won't brown proper but still totally worth it as you use so little oil they're basically healthy chips! Also can do the likes of sweet & sour or things in it too.

      Yay, looking forward to seeing you at Christmas - don't even talk can't believe she's going to be one soon :(

      Delete