Sunday 12 May 2013

Mum's the word weekly meal plan - 25th March

I'll be honest when I was working and before little bambino came along I would never plan meals so to speak.  We normally decided a day or two in advance what we wanted and had got a shop probably the week before ending up getting lots of things we didn't need, or worse didn't eat and would end up being thrown out.

These days I'm trying to be a lot better mainly from Lauren's meal planning blog post,planning what we're going to have and only shopping around that to cut out waste and costs.  The odd thing that's not on the shopping list does find its way into the basket but generally I try to be good. Somehow though our food bills still seem to be rather high.  If someone has any advice, tips, ideas I'd love to hear them as maternity pay does make things that little bit tighter.

So here goes the first post instead of a note in my phone:-
Mon - Mince pie, corn on the cob & mash
Tues - Chicken Broccoli Bake
Wed - Hairy Bikers Chilli Salad Bowls
Thurs - Sausages, beans & mash
Fri - Spicy Beef & rice
Sat - Smokey Philly Chicken, mixed veg & baked potato
Sun - Roast Turkey dinner at my mums for Easter


Meal Planning Monday

1 comment:

  1. Is that the same chicken and broccoli bake that Hilary does? Can you send me the recipe? xxxx

    ReplyDelete