Monday 13 May 2013

Weekly Meal Plan - 13th May 2013

Meal Planning Monday

How's everyone this happy Monday? (You can tell I'm off on maternity leave when I'm saying that!)

Last weeks meals went pretty much to plan, however we had a panic for a few days as we thought our freezer was on the blink.  A warning light kept flashing at us which normally suggests the temperature isn't right.  I think the door might have been ever so slightly ajar, but after 24 hours when the light was still flashing it looked like it wasn't going to be good and the freezer full of food was going to have to be quickly eaten.  The strange thing was that the food in the freezer was still frozen, but anything new put in the top drawer didn't seem to be freezing... Very strange! So Saturday's tea was bumped in order to start using up the freezer.

Anyway, thankfully a day or so after the mysterious warning light has now vanished and the food still remains frozen so hopefully there won't be the need for a new freezer after all. (Fingers crossed).  I've taken it as a good opportunity to use up some of the freezer meals I have in there and get it defrosted and hopefully that will make it happy and help it to continue working.

Oh, on other news JD mastered how to roll from her back to her front last week.  As a new mummy of course I was very proud and just think she's amazing.  She's now trying to 'flap', sorry crawl, but it really is more of a flapping her arms and legs and she's getting frustrated that she can't do it. I'm sure that will happen soon enough and then I might cry a little as she's only wee and I want to keep her that way :(

Anyway, enough blethering and on to our meals this week: -


My Mum and Dad are coming up to visit us on Saturday so I'm making the Sweet & Sour Chicken fresh for them.  Hopefully I might get to making a Rhubarb Crunch, but just need to check if we have enough rhubarb in the garden.  If I make it I'll be sure to blog it as it's one of my favourite dishes....layers of yummy rhubarb and creamed rice...mmmmm.....

I feel a little lazy cooking wise with all the meals being from the freezer but hopefully it means that the weekly grocery bill will get a bit of a reprieve too.

I'm also trying to think of different things to give JD for weaning.  I'm trying to put a few flavours together but if you have any suggestions of good recipes or ideas I'm all ears!

What are you having this week?  Hope you have a good one!

As usual I am linking up with At home with Mrs M's #MealPlanningMonday.  Why not click on the badge and have a nosey at what everyone else is having this week.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely meals - I've made S&S chicken from scratch with a Mary Berry recipe and it worked really well. We are having all our meals from the freezer this week too - definitely keeps the food bill down! Have a great week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick. Ours is the hairy bikers sweet and sour which is yummy. So the only one made from scratch this week. Saved a good bit. Hope you've a good week too Xx

      Delete
  2. Ohh no! Hope the freezer is ok!! Ours went on the blink a few weeks ago....We managed to have a good sort out and eat all the stuff we'd been meaning to eat for ages!
    Everything sounds delicious! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It seems to be ok so far..touch wood! The flashing light has randomly gone and everythings still frozen so hopefully it'll stay that way. Definitely a good opportunity to find out what's in there and use it up. Hope you've a good week too x

      Delete
  3. Will keep an eye out for Rhubarb Crunch. Sounds right up my street. My kids would love me to make them meatball subs. Might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rhubarb crunch is mmm delicious! Must get out to the garden to check if we have enough rhubarb grown. You should give the meatball subs a bash, really simple and seriously tasty too! x

      Delete