Monday 20 May 2013

Weekly Meal Plan - 20th May 2013

Meal Planning Monday

Morning, another Monday, just crazy!  Hubby will be in his new job 4 weeks now and JD will be 6 months this week.  I'm not sure where that times gone at all, I guess before I know it I'll be planning her first birthday.  I don't want to think about that just yet :(

Last weeks plan went pretty much to plan except for Friday where I headed out to see a friend, leaving hubby with the little one and a dinner from the freezer (well, I was nice I cooked it for him first!) and I had a great night chatting, catching up with my friend and gorging on take out food.

It was lovely having my mum and dad up and they enjoyed the Sweet & Sour Chicken, Hairy Biker style.  We did have enough rhubarb to make the rhubarb crunch and whilst the weather wasn't great it was still sooo yummy.  If you love rhubarb I'd definitely advise you to give it a go as it's just lovely.

This week we're still trying to use some of the freezer food up and then replenish the stocks, mixed in with some 'fresh' dishes.


Hopefully the sun will come back again this week.  We had a blink of it on Friday and then the rain set in for Saturday and Sunday.  Perhaps that was summer.

I'm linking up with Mrs M, so why not click the link and have a look at what everyone else is having this week.


8 comments:

  1. we love the hairy bikers sweet and sour too! This weeks meal plan looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious isn't it!? Better than the Chinese I think

      Delete
  2. Ohh I'm hoping the sun comes back soon too....We have rain again today :( I want summer!!! Everything sounds delicious!!
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have rain today but v overcast and cold. I'm used to it raining loads being Northern Ireland but some sunshine would be lovely! Lets hope it comes out soon. Hope you've a good week too x

      Delete
  3. This all looks great. We were thinking of giving the spicy beef a go one week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should. Everyone who has tried it loves it (bar my dad). It's really yummy! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh for the sun to return, I am sure last year the weather was not this glum. All the meals sound great, especially roast beef. That is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year the weather seems to get worse. I'm sure last year there was some sunshine and a bit of heat. :( Hopefully it'll come back out and stay! Love roast beef too with all the trimmings and love gravy. yum yum. Hope you have a good week. x

      Delete