Thursday 2 May 2013

Weekly Meal Plan - 29th April 2013

Meal Planning Monday

So it's Thursday and I'm only writing this Meal Planning post.  In fairness, I had our meals all worked out on Sunday and was going to write this on Monday as we were only home on Sunday night from staying overnight at my mums, then I was hit on Monday morning with a vomiting and diarrhoea bug (sorry if you're eating!) and couldn't face it.

Thankfully it seemed to only be a 48 hour bug but it's long and hard enough when you're trying to look after a 5 month old at the same time as trying to run for the bathroom.  A friend and my mother in law did offer to look after the little one, but of course I was stubborn and although I wasn't well thought I still should be the one to look after her.  By Tuesday I threw that right out the window and my mother in law kindly came and looked after the wee one whilst I could lie down.

Anyway, thankfully I had some meals on the plan that were 'frozen'. My mum had made us a turkey pie and there were some Kiev's in the freezer that hubby could knock himself out with, as I was sticking to dry toast (one way to loose some weight anyway!).  I got the shopping delivered yesterday so the rest of the meal plan should pretty much stay the same.


The Meatball Sub was just made out of my head last time but was sooo tasty that hubby wanted it again.  This time we're having a tomato & basil sauce on it instead of a tomato & chilli sauce (the sauce is shop bought).

The Sweet & Sour Chicken is another favourite from the Hairy Bikers Diet recipes, we've had it before and it is really tasty.

I'm looking forward to trying the Maple Pork Chops.  I saw this on Daft Mama's Meal Plan for last week and so had to give that a go.  I'm normally not a fan of pork chops, I think it comes from years of having them at home and they always seemed to be dry (sorry mum!) so looking forward to seeing what these taste like.

Hopefully everyone had a good week last week and are having a great week so far!

Happy munching :)

1 comment: