Monday 22 April 2013

Mum's The Word Weekly Meal Plan - 22nd April 2013

Meal Planning Monday
 

 Can you believe it's Monday again? The weeks are just flying by.

Thankfully we got good news about Hubby's car, although there is a fault with the brake sensor (I think that's what it was) the mechanic said that VW are repairing the fault free of charge.  I checked with our VW dealer and it is the case (yippee), so as long as it comes up with the same fault code on their diagnostics we'll not have to pay to get it fixed.  This is just great as when Hubby was googling about it, it could have been £1000 - £1500 to get it repaired - ouch!

I took the little one up to see my Grandma and my mum on Wednesday. My Grandma just turned 90 in January and I think she's brilliant.  She lives in her own wee apartment attached to my Aunt and Uncles house which means she gets her own bit of privacy but the family make dinners for her etc, and it's nice to know that someone's not too far away if anything happened to her.

I got to enjoy some time this weekend catching up with friends and family.  Friday I had a lovely dinner catching up with one of my friends who has a 18 month old boy.  Saturday I got catching up with my best friend that I haven't seen in 7 weeks. We live 30 miles apart, which doesn't sound a lot but she works shifts so it's been hard to get a time that suits us both. It was great just chatting and laughing and of course doing some munching and shopping.

Sunday the lovely Lauren, my cousins wife, was over this week seeing her family and having some chill out time.  Although she was home chilling she kindly met up with the little one and I at her Mother in Law's house (my Auntie). Was lovely seeing them both as we haven't seen them since January at my Gran's birthday.

The little one was unfortunately a little strange at the start but came round pretty quickly and was giving plenty of smiles.  We had a lovely afternoon chatting and playing with the little one. It was  lovely to see her and only wish she was closer so we could see her more.

Some of last weeks meals were a great hit!  The Spanish Chicken was lovely, Sausage Casserole was very tasty (always popular in our house - recipe to follow!), Meatball Sub (a creation out of my head but was super tasty) and the Beef and Bean Burrito, although it did just taste like chilli in a wrap.


Lauren & My Little Princess




Little Princess & Me
This week we only (hopefully) have 5 meals to plan for.  Hubby finishes work on Thursday and starts his new job next Monday, so we're having a celebratory dinner on Thursday.  Friday he's out at his leaving do, so just dinner for me. Saturday we're hoping to have a day out in the town and get dinner out, so seeing if my mum can look after the little one for us.  We'll stay over at theirs on Saturday night so no lunch to make on Sunday!  It'll be good to see them and catch up and for them to see the little one too.

So on to this weeks meal plan!



I'm linking up with Meal Planning Monday over at Mrs M's Page so why not pop on by and nosey at what everyone else is eating this week.

Hope you have a great week.  

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of lovely meals planned...Have a great week!! x

    ReplyDelete