Monday 8 April 2013

Mum's The Word Weekly Meal Plan - 8th April

Meal Planning Monday

Well, how was everyone's week? Hope everyone had a good one and the Monday morning blues haven't set in.  I must admit that's one think I love about being off on maternity leave not thinking on a Sunday about work.

Anyway, I'm linking up with Mrs M again this week.  Our meals went generally to plan last week but the Smoky Philly Chicken got bumped to the side again as the little one was taking ages to get over to sleep so we ended up making burgers instead as a late dinner. I'm leaving it off this week but hopefully will have it next week as I love it and haven't had it in ages!

This weeks plan:-

Monday - Sweet Chilli Chicken Stir fry
Tuesday - Baked Pasta Dish
Wednesday - Salted Chilli Chicken
Thursday - Sausage, Vegetable and Pearl Barley Hotpot
Friday - Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes
Saturday - Chicken Fajita Lasagna
Sunday - Roast of some sort

The baked pasta dish and spicy tuna fish cakes are recipes that I found online a while ago.  The baked pasta dish is really nice and makes 5 portions so it's one which is good to put in the freezer for a later date.  I haven't tried the tuna fish cakes but they sound nice so will blog about them this week.

The sausage, vegetable and pearl barley hotpot is a recipe I'm trying from Utterly Scrummy, so looking forward to making and tasting it.

Chicken fajitas are one of my cousins favourites, his absolutely fabulous wife blogs over at You Big Eejit.  You can find the recipe here http://bigeejit.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/chicken-fajita-lasagna.html.

What are you all having this week?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some lovely meals planned!
    Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Last nights was nearly a disaster with the little one unsettled turned my back for a min or two and the pan was near black! Lol. Hope you've a lovely week too x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a delicious week! I keep seeing fajita lasagne, must get round to trying it myself!

    ReplyDelete